Now’s the time to start planning your ski trips for the 2014/15 winter season. The Canadian dollar is still strong, early booking bonuses are available and gas prices will only continue to rise. We offer great value and service to top ski destinations in the North American Rockies, European Alps, mountains of New Zealand and […]
|Now’s the time to start planning your ski trips for the 2014/15 winter season. The Canadian dollar is still strong, early booking bonuses are available and gas prices will only continue to rise. We offer great value and service to top ski destinations in the North American Rockies, European Alps, mountains of New Zealand and anywhere else you’d like to ski. Whether you are an individual, a family or part of a group, feel free to contact us for more information.|
Take a look at our great ski resorts!
Welcome to ADVENTOURUS‘s world of great value ski vacations! We are one of North America’s largest suppliers of ski vacations to Europe, New Zealand and North America. Contact us if you want expertise, value and service.
Groups (10 or more)
Cross Country Skiing
Departure / Arrival Cities
Stopovers / Extend Your Vacation
Rental Cars v. Transfers
A minimum of just 10 participants are required to qualify for group rates with the airlines. For hotels, the minimum is usually 20 participants (10 x double rooms). For numbers between 10 and 20 a discounted rate will still apply. It is possible to negotiate free spaces for group-leaders.
For persons wishing to form a group, ADVENTOURUS can assist with marketing materials, fliers, resort brochures, trails maps, etc. We recommend early booking to ensure space.
All our standard packages include an economy rental car with the following inclusions/exclusions:
• Period = 8 days, usually Saturday to Saturday.
• VAT (GST) tax included.
• Manual transmission (automatic may be requested, higher charge applies).
• Unlimited km.
• Basic Insurance, which covers 3rd Party Liability, & Fire is included.
• Airport Pick-up Surcharge is included. Local road fees are extra (typically $2.00 – $3.50 per day).
• Highway toll stickers are extra in Austria ($10.00 week), but included in Switzerland. French and Italian highways have pay-as-you-drive toll booths on all major highways.
• Snow chains, snow tires, and/or ski racks are extra (typically $50.00/week) and must be pre-ordered before arrival.
• All cars are winterised, with all-weather tires standard.
• A North American drivers license is valid for renting a vehicle in Europe however an International Drivers License is now highly recommend for both Austria and Germany. These are obtainable from any CAA or AAA office at a nominal charge (photo required).
• Rail transfers are included in our standard Switzerland packages in lieu of rental cars.
It is possible for all clients to upgrade to larger vehicles if requested. Parties of 3 persons are automatically upgraded to a midsize sedan or compact wagon; parties of 4 persons are automatically upgraded to a midsize station-wagon. No charge applies to these upgrades.
Contact us for a fixed price to upgrade or add full insurance to your rental vehicle.
• Canadian and New Zealand packages include transfers by scheduled bus, however rental cars may be arranged upon request.
As an alternative to driving, we are able to arrange ski-bus or rail transfers to your resort.
In some cases this public transfer service drops passengers at a central depot or railway station, at which point you are responsible for a local taxi to your hotel. We can also offer a private taxi-van or limousine shuttle service to most hotels.
For both groups and individuals we can supply a private transfer service to all resorts.
Contact ADVENTOURUS for details and/or a quote.
Stopovers / Extend your vacation
Stopovers may be arranged in most major European cities, depending on airline being used.
Air France = Paris KLM = Amsterdam
Provided you make arrangements at time of booking, you may extend your stay as long as you wish.
The Vacation Station has a variety of accommodations available at all destinations in Europe. Hotel costs vary from city to city but typically start at $85.00 per person per night, including tax and breakfast.
It is also possible to fly into one city and out of another, simply extend your rental car contract or purchase a rail ticket. Contact us for details.
Cancellation and Medical Insurance
Travel Insurance – Don’t leave home without it ! For a quotation on medical, trip cancellation, and/or baggage insurance, don’t forget to fill in the appropriate boxes on our reservation form. We represent RBC Insurance. Let us provide you with protection and peace of mind against life’s nasty little surprises!
If you are covered by an existing personal or credit card policy, please ensure that this coverage extends to skiing accidents, as well as mountain evacuation, helicopter flights etc.
If using credit card coverage for your rental car, this card must be used to pay for the rental at time of final payment. Please advise ADV